One of the most frequent server errors you can get while installing Magento 2 or any other script/CMS is that PHP Extension intl is not enabled on your server or Xampp. The error notice looks like this:
Now, what most developers will do is enable it from the php.ini file, but alas, this throws another error for missing a dll file: “The program can’t start because MSVCP110.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.”
Luckily, the solution is very simple and the error can be solved quickly. The first thing you need to do is to stop Xampp/Wamp or your Apache server. Then:
- Find the xampp/php/php.ini file and remove the semicolon (;) from the following line:
- Remove ‘#’ character from the line extension=php_xsl.dll in the php.ini file.
- Restart Xampp and check if any missing dll file errors come up. If not, you’ve solved the error and PHP Extension intl should now be enabled. If you do get errors, proceed to the next step.
- Copy all icu****.dll from Xampp folder/php to Xampp folder/apache/bin.
- Some people still miss the msvcp110.dll file, but you can download it here.
- After downloading it, put it in the C:\Windows\System32 folder and restart Xampp.
The problem should be fixed now and you will be able to install Magento 2.